Microsoft offers many applications for fulfilling the needs of businesses and individuals such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and many more. But in PowerPoint whenever the users type the text into the text box, the content will automatically adjust its sizes to fit in the placeholder easily. Thus, this feature is called ‘AutoFit’ in which text will automatically shrink as and when users type. In case, if users type too much of the text in their PowerPower presentation sheet, then the font appears too small, and users are facing problem in reading it. However, this type of problems is creating problems for users who endure from the diminished ability to notice it. Therefore, you can also stop or disable this feature using some simple steps. Disabling automatic text resizing feature in PowerPoint is a quite common and simple process. Follow the below-given steps to stop automatic text resizing in PowerPoint.
Steps to Stop Automatic Text Resizing in PowerPoint
Inside the Microsoft Office PowerPoint, whenever you enter some extra content than fit in the box, the content will automatically shrink according to the size of the box. Thus, this automatic shrink feature is known as Autofit feature and it is enabled by default settings in the content boxes and stops text from reducing or shrinking. In order to stop this feature, one may need to follow below-given steps that help you in disable automatic text resizing in PowerPoint. But follow the steps correctly as mentioned in this post to avert trouble and saves lots of time. Here how to do it:
- Click on the MS Office PowerPoint icon to open it.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Insert’ tab and click on it to launch it.
- Choose the ‘Text Box’ tab, and you need to draw a placeholder on the slide presently appears on the screen.
- Then, right press in the placeholder, and choose the ‘Size and Position’ option appears in the context menu list.
- After that, once the action confirmed will automatically launch a menu bar list appears on the right hand side of the screen.
- Now, expand ‘Text Box’ controls.
- Subsequently, choose ‘Do not Autofit’ option.
- Once completed, press under the placeholder and type anything which you want to to include to the text box slide. Here you will notice that the content that doesn’t adjust in the placeholder will automatically come out of the box while you persist to type. However, the content will still display in the PowerPoint presentation screen, though your presentation looks like reduced. Thus, ensure that you already change it, so that it fit on the box before you make it live on the screen.
We discussed above about ‘Do Not Autofit’ option, this option helps users to comprehensively control the size and location of the PowerPoint placeholder when the content does not adjust automatically within the box you have just selected. Instead of this option there are some other ways in which you can choose from, and they are as follows:
Those other options consist of:
Resize Shape to Fit Text– reduces the content size but raises the size of the placeholder or the placeholder by this the extra text can easily reflow by itself.
Shrink Text on OverFlow– one can easily put up all the text just by decreasing the text font size shown within the placeholder or text box.
Davis Johnson is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.